The City of Nanaimo property tax is due on July 2, 2020. However, due to COVID-19, the payment date has been extended for anyone that might require more time. You may now pay this property tax as late as September 30, 2020 without a penalty. However; a 5% penalty will be added to your balance still owing on October 1st and an additional 5% will be added to any outstanding balance on November 12th. Please click here for more information regarding the property tax payment deadlines.
You should anticipate receiving your tax notice near the end of May, 2020. Please notify the City of Nanaimo at email@example.com if your property tax notice has not arrived by mid-June, 2020.
I can be reached here if you have any questions. I am always very happy to help.
Do you have a MyCity account?
A MyCity account will provide you with easy 24/7 access to following:
- Your account balance & your payment history
- Property assessments & tax levies
- Current & past bills
- Water Consumption
- Home Owner Grants
How to register for a MyCity account
- Simply visit mycity.nanaimo.ca and click on REGISTER NOW.
- Fill in the required fields and click, REGISTER. You should receive a confirmation email. Simply click upon the link to activate your account.
- Click upon REGISTER ACCOUNTS. After that simply select the appropriate account type from the drop down menu.
- Enter your account information from a recent invoice. A message stating THE ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY REGISTERED will indicate that your account is now available for viewing.
As always, please do not hesitate to request any real estate topics that you hope to see in a future blog post. I would love to hear from you. Furthermore, I will do my best to include your requested topic promptly within this blog. Simply add your requests or comments below. Alternatively, you may click here too.